Since my last post was a little on the negative side, I thought I would lighten things up a bit with some things that make me happy. I also realize that it’s been a while since I posted something – let’s just say it’s been a really effin’ busy past two weeks.
So – without further adieu, in no particular order, some things that make me happy:
1. Polka dots. I love polka dots. Slap some polka dots on a shirt, skirt, belt, shoes, iphone cover – you name it, I want it. There’s something about them that just make me feel happy…
2. Real Housewives. All of them. Well, Miami I’m still on the fence on, and let’s just all agree that DC was a complete joke, but Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York, Jersey and Atlanta (love Atlanta) are pure television gems. And Bravo runs them 24/7 because let’s face it – it’s a cash cow for them. Which I guess brings me to #2.5 – Bravo. One of the best channels ever. Too bad Project Runway moved to Lifetime, though…
3. J Crew. THE. BEST. STORE. EVER.
4. Home decor magazaines. I love flipping through the pages and picturing the gorgeous things in the magazines in my own home. In my own home if I didn’t have kids and pets and had hired help to clean and cook for me. Becuase let’s all be honest – the homes in those magazines aren’t actually lived in…
5. Dr. Pepper. When the zombie apocolypse happens (yes, I said “when” – I’ll have to get to that in another post) the first thing I’m doing is raiding every grocery store I see and stocking up becuase I would not survive long without this tasty caffinated beverage. Hmmm… So upon further thought perhaps the first thing I would do is hit up the gun and ammo store, then stock up on DP, and then maybe raid the nearest J Crew. Because who says you can’t be stylish while fighting zombies?
6. Nail polish. I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful husband who likes to buy me pretty colors. I like to change it up on a weekly basis.
7. My husband. So even if he didn’t buy me nail polish, he’d still be pretty awesome. He supports me, he puts up with my various neuroses (see #5), is handsome, has great style, makes me laugh, and is a wonderful father and husband. He’s pretty bad ass.
8. Will Ferrell. Probablemente una de las más divertidas chicos nunca, en mi opinión. “In English please, you know I don’t understand Spanish!”
9. My Frye boots. The most money I ever spent on shoes, but soooo worth it. They are just so cool, comfortable, and I get compliments on them every time I wear them. If you have $350 to spare, I highly recommend getting a pair. (I know, who has $350 to spare, right? Maybe the people who live in the houses in #4. But trust me, Frye boots are a wise investment.)
10. My daughters singing. When I hear those two cute little voices sing, it just makes my heart melt. The older one thinks she’s Christina Aguilera, and I love it.
11. My daughters. The best thing I ever had a part in creating.
So there you have it – some of the things that bring me joy. Next post I’ll probably be back to my cynical self, so enjoy it while it lasts. 🙂